Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Room/Baby Shower

March 1, 2009
My mom and Bob came and visited me today for lunch. The nurses told me that one of the bigger rooms with a full size bed had become available if I wanted to move; so Mom and Bob helped move me to the other room. It is a wonderful room. It has a lot more room and it has 2 huge windows that overlook a garden courtyard. (Of course, it is cold and there is nothing green there now---but maybe before I leave there will be some color.) I was very excited to settle in to my new space. It will have more room for visitors too:) After getting me settled they headed to the baby shower that Adam's co-workers threw for us. I feel bad that I had to miss it, but Adam went to represent us. Of course, he insisted on taking a picture of me in the hospital to show everyone. Lovely!!
(right) Our Host, Beth!! Thanks Beth!!
It looks like it was a really nice shower. I just wish I could have been there. There was good food, cake and really sweet people. At least my mom got to meet some of them.
That evening, Adam brought up the presents and let me open the ones that were wrapped. We were given some really nice things. Again, I feel overwhelmed by how wonderful everyone has been to us and these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment