Thursday, March 26, 2009

31 wks on my 31st Birthday

March 21, 2009
I can't believe I am celebrating my birthday in the hospital. It is definitely a birthday I will not forget. I got up this am and showered and just put my robe on while I waited for my family and Adam to come up and bring me clothes. I had a visit from my neighbors, Irv and Debbie and their daughter, daughter in law and mother. It was a nice suprise.
I got dressed as soon as my family got here; then we had lunch from home--it was great!! Mom's food. They also brought up presents and Adam brought up cake--totally forgot to take a picture of that though. We had a great time. Mom made a diaper bag and Naomi got me a picture frame for the babies' pictures. Emily and Trevor sent up Wheel of Fortune for the computer. That is going to be addicting since WoF has been my favorite show since I've been home off work. I know--pathetic, but I'm getting quite good. After lunch we had visitors--Barb and Fraenzi--who dropped off the most adorable knitted hats and socks--even a pair for mom and dad.
Barb and Fraenzie
Then, we went for a wheelchair ride. It was very nice. We went on a little detour when we got locked out of the main hospital, but it allowed me to get some fresh air. There is this lookout on the top floor of the hospital; so we went up there and could see all of Madison--it was really pretty. Me and Adam on the 8th floor and Me looking big in the wheelchair. Other than that, we played Wheel of Fortune on the computer, hung out, watched TV, and just enjoyed spending some time together. It was great. (Plus they were able to help Adam out with cleaning the house and getting groceries and all that good stuff.) More good food from home tonight for supper.
Mom, Naomi, and Me playing WOF on the computer!!
I am so thankful for them being able to come up and visit for this weekend. I have been feeling a little discouraged at how uncomfortable I am getting, but all that is forgotten when I see how happy they are that I've made it this far. Ken, Jen and Stephen will be up late tonight and then here to see me tomorrow.
Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards and prayers for me and the babies. We are feeling all the love!!

2 comments:

  1. We are continuing to pray for you. I am excited about every extra day that goes by. :o) B. Rabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy special birthday, another goal reached...close to 34 weeks !

    ReplyDelete