Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Visitors

March 22, 2009
I woke up early this morning and got showered and dressed in preparation for more visitors. Adam, Naomi, Ken, Jen, and Stephen all come up later in the morning. It was so good to see them. Stephen is getting big. Ken hadn't seen me since Christmas, and he was a little taken back by how big my belly was. We went for another ride up to the 8th floor and then we showed them the floor where I will have the babies.
Mom and Bob brought dinner up around 1:30pm. It was good to have another home cooked meal. Naomi shaved my legs for me before Mom, Bob and she headed back home. It was so good to have them up here. It's always hard to see them leave. Hopefully, they'll be back before too long to welcome the babies!!
March 23, 2009
What a busy day. The doctor stopped the medicine to stop/hold my contractions due to a now constant ringing in my ears that started last night. This can be a side effect from the medicine, but up until now I had only had minimal episodes of ringing. Since 0330 last night, constant ringing to my left ear. So...maybe that will allow something to happen. We'll see. I got up early and showered so I could be ready for Ken, Jen and Stephen to come up this morning. Adam had just walked in the door at 9am when they came and said they were taking me for an ultrasound. Yeah!!! Jen was able to get in on the fun as she walked in the door a few minutes later.
The babies are looking good and getting big. Baby A was kind of hard to see because they are headfirst in the pelvis, but estimated to be 3 lb 7 oz. Baby B was very hard to see because he/she is buried behind everyone else, but estimated to be 3 lb 3 oz. Baby C is on top of everyone and loving it, estimated to be 3 lb 8 oz. Baby D is sitting pretty at the top and is estimated to be 3 lb 12 oz. We were very excited to see that they are growing and closer to reaching 4 lbs everyday.
After we got back to my room, my nurse and I were in a little video for the hospital Family Birth Center. We ate lunch and then Ken, Jen and Stephen had to go. It was so good to see them. Hopefully the babies come soon or else they will be in the field and not able to come back up and see them when they are born.
Jen, Stephen, Me, and Ken.
Later that day, I had some new nurses come and practice putting on the toco monitors on my belly. Everyone needs to learn:) Anyway...it was a long eventful day. I'm so glad I got to spend it with Adam and also able to see my family.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your next post so we can see how you are doing. Hope all is going well and your four babies are growing each day. My niece had quads on Feb. 23rd and they are doing great. Two are at home and the other two are coming home tomorrow, just in time for the bunny. Good luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete