Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Scare

March 15, 2009 Today was pretty uneventful really. Adam slept during the day so he could recover from his night shift. Then, he went and picked up our new chair for the nursery. After church, he picked up food and headed over. In the meantime, I had began to have some pain to my belly. I thought maybe I was hungry, but I started contracting around 6:30p also. These contractions were like the ones I've been having except they were a little more painful and more frequent. I did try to eat some of my supper once Adam arrived, but was soon too uncomfortable to eat. Then, when I got up to use the restroom, I was having a lot of pain/pressure in my pelvis--baby A I'm sure. So, I called my nurse and they hooked me up to the toco monitor. Sure enough, I was having quite a few contractions, and I was feeling them. I turned on my side and starting drinking water. The resident came down and saw me and told me that she would check my cervix in a few hours if they didn't subside. I was a little nervous. I hadn't made it to my next goal of St Patricks day yet. However, we just prayed I could make it a little longer; and the contractions subsided by around 11pm. Adam got me tucked into bed around midnight and then he headed home. I prayed that I could keep these babies in until at least 31 wks. I just want them to be as healthy as they can be. Tomorrow, my doctor will be in to see me, and Adam will be up because it is his day off as well. One more week please!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys,

    Tiff and I just wanted wish you the best with everything!! 29 weeks along!! That's an accomplishment already!! Tiff made it to 28 weeks and we are blessed with four perfectly healthy babies! You're doing wonderful! If you need anything don't hesitate to "blog" on us:)

    Jon & Tiffany + the Michaels Quad Squad

    ReplyDelete