Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Productive Week!!

Feb 16, 2009 We met our Pediatrician today. It was nice to just visit and touch base regarding the babies. I know we will probably be seeing her a lot especially our first year; so it was nice to meet beforehand. Feb 17, 2009 We saw our doctor today. It was just the routine office visit. No ultrasound. She did check the babies heart rates using the bedside ultrasound and everything was fine. Then she checked on my cervix. She said it is still "high" but it is a little soft. Of course, this made Adam freak out. He is so nervous that my cervix is just going to open wide up all of a sudden and the babies are going to fall out. Okay, so I may be exaggerating a little; but I think I will have a little more notice when my labor actually begins. (Sorry for those of you who are not medical and do not want to hear about my cervix.) Feb 18, 2009 My sister in law, Jennifer, came up today. She is such a lifesaver. She started right in cleaning and putting things away and doing a few things that I've aspired to do since we moved, but just haven't done. (Such as put my china on display in my cabinet and put my curio cabinet together with some of my pretty vases and such.) She has always been way more motivated than me and probably accomplishes more than most people do in a day. Anyway, it is going to be nice to have her up here for a few days. She and Adam actually are going to paint the lower level in the next few days also. That will be wonderful now that the floor is done. We're getting there. Feb 19, 2009 Jennifer is just running circles around me while I lay in bed. The house looks amazing and the lower level is shaping up also. We did go out for a brief amount of time tonight and got a bed frame for our mattress/box spring downstairs. That room is going to be priceless once the babies arrive and we have our family/friends coming to help out. Feb 20, 2009 Jennifer went with Adam to test drive the Kia Sedona today. I have been researching online and decided that with the rebates they have now, that may be our best bet for the things that I need and want in a minivan. Of course, the Volvo--my precious car--just can't hold 4 car seats. They actually test drove one of the minivans out for me to see and I was happy with it. Adam then brought back all the numbers and I agreed that it was a good deal for us. Later that afternoon, I got dressed and went with him to sign all of the papers. We are now proud owners of a silver Kia Sedona!!! Not quite as exhilarating as buying my new car, but we will at least be able to put all of our children in the same vehicle. That is a necessity. Mom, Bob, and Naomi came up this evening. They brought along tons of card from the gift card shower. I feel truly blessed and know that these babies are loved already. We are planning on going shopping tomorrow to buy some things for the babies using the gift cards. I'll be the one in the wheelchair:)

No comments:

Post a Comment