Saturday, March 14, 2009

29 Weeks and counting.....

March 9, 2009
I am officially 29 weeks today. Yeah!!! I'm getting there. Adam didn't have to work today; so he came up this afternoon and we hung out. We paid bills and watched a movie. It was great to just get to spend some time with him.
March 10, 2009
Adam came up today and we hung out all day. It was great. We watched the movie Australia with several breaks in between. Nothing super exciting other than that. They did hook me up to to toco twice today because I was having contractions every 2 minutes on my early monitoring. I'm not feeling all the contractions; so we'll just wait and see what happens. I need to keep the babies in for another day in the least. My doctor gets back from her trip tomorrow.
March 11, 2009
My doctor walked through the door at 9am. I told her how happy I was to see her!!! She said she was pleased that I was still her. Just wait and see is her plan. Whenever my water breaks or I start contracting--they will deliver the babies. That's the whole plan!
I had a visit from Lou and Bethli today. They are friends from work. It was nice to see them. She is 34 wks PregnFont sizeant and having her shower this weekend. I wish I could go, but I know she understands.
I didn't get to see Adam at all today because he worked out of town a 12 hour shift. That is very hard. He did get on the computer at home with the web cam; so we could see each other at least.
March 12, 2009
Adam brought me breakfast this morning before he went to work. That was so nice just to see him for a few minutes. My doctor came in again this morning. I asked her about a growth ultrasound and she said we will wait a few more wks. So, it will be 4 wks from the last one. That means March 27th. She either has faith in me or else thinks we'll have the babies by then.
My friend, Katie, from work stopped by and brought posters from work to brighten up my room. Now I have posters, flowers and a beautiful plant. It's feeling more like home away from home.
I got to have supper with Adam after work; so that was a nice treat. Other than that, nothing new. Just waiting around.
March 13, 2009
Me and Torrie!!
Today was a special day because I had a special visitor. Adam brought up my feline baby, Torrie, to visit. I couldn't believe it, but the director of the unit said she was allowed to visit. I was so happy to see her. She was kind of indifferent to me since it's been 2 wks since I've seen her. However, she absolutely made my day. Adam said he couldn't believe he was bringing a cat to visit. My doctor has dc'd the toco monitor. She said that I'll know when the contractions are strong and I'm feeling all of them. This is probably true. Sometimes I just can't believe that my pregnancy will actually end at some point. It seems like the babies could stay in there forever. I get excited thinking that it is getting closer to the babies arriving. Then we will know girls or boys and who they look like and all that fun exciting stuff. The longer they stay in, the healthier they will be. So, I'll be content to wait for a while.
My friend, Darci, from work and her son, Noah, stopped by and we had a good visit. I am excited because I get to go out of my room tomorrow. I am attending one of the prenatal classes offered here. My doctor gave me the okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment