Saturday, January 3, 2009

First US-surprise of a lifetime

Oct 6, 2008 After both of us got off work at 7:30am, we headed to the doctor's office to get a look at these babies that I was carrying. Little did we know we would soon get the shock of a lifetime. Once we got into the room for the ultrasound, the doctor asked about my pain and I told him I had only had real minimal pain to the LLQ (left lower quadrant) since 5 days ago--chalked it up to that cyst. Adam was holding my hand when he began to look at the screen. The doctor looked at the screen and said, "No wonder you're having pain. You have four babies along with that cyst in there." I looked at Adam in disbelief and he looked at me with an expression somewhere between shock and ---I can't quite describe it--I've never seen it before or since. The doctor then confirmed, 4 babies with good heartbeats. We were having quadruplets. He then left me to get dressed. Then, the nurses came in to look at the screen. They were very excited and happy for us. We were still in shock! As we got into the car, we just couldn't believe it. Our chances of this happening were supposed to be "slim to none". What can we say, prayer can make miracles happen. It had just happened for us!! I remember calling my mom at work and asking her if she was sitting down--then told her we weren't having twins after all--quadruplets instead. She was quite suprised; as was everyone else we called that day. Adam's mom was speechless--literally! We just drove home and thanked God for this miracle and asked Him to give us strength to deal with all the upcoming challenges that we knew would ensue. Quadruplets!!! Four little babies at once to love and adore.

This is the US that was taken that day. Not many of the pictures transferred to the disc; so you probably can't tell what anything is......but we know that is showed us Quads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment