Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Post--be patient with me. I'll figure this out.

September 15th, 2008 I thought I'd start at the beginning of our journey. This is the day that started our adventure. After 2 years of trying to get pregnant, we found a new infertility doctor in our new town after starting new jobs and buying a new house......just a little stress. We liked him the instant we met him and decided to give the infertility treatment route 1 more try. Otherwise, we were set up to go to 2 different adoption meetings. However, I felt strongly that we needed to do one more treatment and Adam agreed. So........this was the day we would find out if it had been successful. I was not feeling very optimistic. Who would after 2 years of trying to get pregnant. Adam had gotten up early to drive to Chicago to catch a flight to PA to visit family. I got up and drove to the doctors for an early morning blood draw. Then I had to come home and attempt to sleep before I went to work that night. Needless to say, I woke up with every little noise. When the phone rang around 1100 I jumped up and answered frantically. The nurse identified herself as working at our infertility clinic and then said, "Congratulations. You're pregnant". I couldn't believe it. "Really? Are you sure?", I asked her. I quickly told her I had to go so I could call my husband who was boarding a plane in 30 minutes. It was the most exciting phone call I've made up to this point in my life. I called and Adam answered and I told him the the doctors office had just called and he said, "And?..." "We're pregnant!" I told him. He was happy and mostly relieved I think because he had been worried that if it was bad news I would be by myself. I would have loved to given him a big kiss and hug, but it wasn't possible at that time. We were both alone and left to pray and thank God for this tiny miracle. All of our prayers had been answered with this one phone call. I then proceeded to call my entire immediate family and tell them the good news--they had been praying for us constantly and I knew this is why we were pregnant after all. I set up an appt for our first US on Oct 6th and then tried to go back to sleep--yeah right:) Sorry for the rather lengthy first post, but this is how our journey began. I hope you will enjoy the rest of the journey with us as we begin our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment