Friday, January 23, 2009

First Baby Shower

Jan 9-11, 2009
My mom and sister came up today to help me make sure my house is in order for the baby shower tomorrow. It is always so good to see them. We didn't do much work that night--just sat on the couch and relaxed. Mom was able to feel a big kick from one of the babies--Baby C, I think. However, they decided to play possum once Naomi came over to feel also. Not to worry, I'm sure they will start moving more and more as the weeks progress. My BFF, Amelia and her daughter and Mom also stopped by once they got into town. The are just staying down the rode at a local hotel. It was so exciting to see them, too. I love having company and seeing all of my favorite people. It is so fun!!!
Saturday morning we--okay mostly my mom and sister--did some light cleaning to make sure the house looked good. Then Amelia and her troupe came over and put up decorations and such. Then Vanessa rolled in with a ton of food and goodies. The shower was a huge success in my book because I got to see some of my favorite people in the world. It was so nice to get to catch up and relax with them. Of course, we got some games in and opened presents also. I was absolutely overwhelmed with every one's generosity. I received such wonderful gifts. These babies are truly loved already!! I just can't wait for them to get here and experience it all. Everyone was shooed out so I could take a nap in the evening--which I truly did need as very little activity wears me out. My friend, Nancy, had headed home. Also, my mom and sister had to hit the road to make it back by that night. Then, several of my friends and their families/ spouses/ children came over and hung out for a little while. It was nice to get to visit. Adam had returned from work by this time, and he, too, was glad to get to visit with everyone. After everyone had left, I showed Adam all the beautiful gifts that we had received. He, too, was very thankful for every one's generosity.
Sunday morning we met a few people for breakfast before they headed out. Then we came back to the house and visited with Amelia and her family before they left. Then Vanessa and Kerry and Quin came over. Kerry and Adam headed to the basement to sand the drywall. They are determined to get it finished.
It was a great weekend overall filled with friends/family and great times!!.
First Picture: (clockwise) Korrine, Nancy, Vanessa, Naomi, Me, Krista, Kylie, Amelia
Second Picture: Me, Mom, Naomi
Third Picture: Me, Amelia, Krista First Picture: Kelly and Hannah
Second Picture: Quin and Vanessa
Third Picture: Megan, Cathy, Me, Amelia

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is Molly Copelin. Mom gave me your blog address. First off...CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS,CONGRATULATIONS,CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Mom had told me about your news and I am SO very happy for you and am praying for you. I have a friend who has a miracle baby(She had the beginnings of endodometriosis, 3 miscarraiges, then was diagnosed with overian cancer. She opted to have it removed instead of a hysterectomy and about a little over a year later Hunter arrived!!) It is awesome what God will do. So, anyway, it was neat to sort of "catch up" with you by reading some of your blogs. Now Mom doesn't have to keep me posted so much. I was always asking if she had talked to your Mom to see how you were doing...lol
    Take care, God Bless,
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete