Monday, January 12, 2009

16 Weeks and all is well

Dec 8, 2008
Mom and Bob helped us put up the tree and our decorations in the morning, then off to the Dr appt. I didn't realize how intensive these ultrasounds would be. I just thought they would look at the babies and check their heart rates. Well, 40 minutes into the ultrasound we had finished looking at Baby A. WOW!! Two bathroom breaks and 50 minutes longer and we were finished. Poor Bob waited in the waiting room as I had no idea how long this was going to take. The great news is that all of the babies looked wonderful. They are quite photogenic--giving the US tech several great pictures. They were even able to measure their heads, belly's, legs and show us their kidneys, bladder, stomach, brains, umbilical cords and fingers and toes. It was soooo amazing. We were in awe!!
The doctor then checked my cervix and gave me a great report--- 4.3!! She said that she would be happy with anything over a 4; so I was quite pleased, and Adam was relieved. The rest of the appt was just chatting and checking BP and such. I was instructed on limiting my activity--told no shopping (oops!), and given a reluctant blessing to finish my 2 wks left of work. I agreed to try and be more compliant and we were finally headed home 3.5 hrs later
It had started to snow/sleet; so Mom and Bob took off right away. I was so glad Mom was able to go with me to the appt and see the babies. It was quite amazing. Here are some of the pictures from that day.
Baby A in the "thinker" pose with his hand below his/her chin.
Baby B
Baby C
Baby D--a little fuzzy as he/she is always moving

No comments:

Post a Comment