Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm getting paranoid

Feb 6, 2009 When I woke up this morning I didn't feel the babies moving around like they usually do when I get up. I figured a little food would do the trick. After eating breakfast and drinking juice, water and milk with maybe 2 little movements--I was getting pretty paranoid. Needless to say, they are usually very active after I eat and am just laying on the couch. I decided to wait for a few hours and see if they woke up, but I still felt very uneasy when I wasn't feeling much. I called the Dr office and was told my Dr was out of town and the one on call just wanted me to come in to get a regular US to check on the babies. That way, I would rest more easily and they would know for sure everything was okay. Sounds simple, right? Get dressed, drive to Madison, check in at registration, go to the 4th floor and then go home if everything is okay. Well, first of all--it takes me forever to get ready and Adam was at work and unable to help. Secondly, I haven't driven really for like 3 wks or so. Besides the fact that once I get to the hospital I usually get pushed in a wc to my regular Dr appt. I was a little worried, but wanted to make sure everything was okay. Luckily, I have some great friends here. I sent a text to my friend, Bethli, and she was all over it. Lou, her boyfriend and my co-worker and friend, met me at the front of the hospital and wheeled me up to my appt--even though he was sick himself. Then Bethli met me there and sat with me during the US. It was the sweetest thing ever!! Good news--all the babies looked good. I think they are just having a lazy day. All their heart rates were lower than their normal, but still in the normal range. The US tech said that they were all moving and all looked well. I was very relieved!! I think I am getting paranoid the further along I get. Even all night long, the babies just fluttered every once in a while, but not their normal bustle of activity with my stomach bouncing all over the place. That's okay......I am just glad to know that they are just resting. Hopefully no more unscheduled visits to the hospital!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear everything is ok! I bet you were getting worried..its always good to be safe!
    Great friends are awesome! Glad you had someone to help you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks with no news ! I hope hat no news = good news. few days before 28 weeks it's a good mark

    ReplyDelete