Saturday, February 7, 2009

Visitors

Jan 22, 2009
Some friends from Chicago came up today to visit. Nick, Becca, and Graycen arrived shortly after lunchtime and we went and grabbed a bite to eat with Adam. Then we came back to the house and just visited. It was a great day. They had a lot of insight for me, too as Graycen was born at 33 wks. I think I am more nervous about the whole NICU experience than I am about having the babies. They relieved a lot of my anxiety and answered several questions for me. Overall, it was just great to see them. They also brought up goodies for the babies--little preemie onesies and pants that are the cutest things I've ever seen. I can't believe my babies will be that little. I wasn't a great hostess as I sat and visited mostly through supper hour and offered to get pizza, but they hit the road so that Graycen could get a nap in while they drove. I did get a picture first, though!!
Jan 24, 2009
Adam was sleeping today when I had an amazing experience. I felt one of the babies as they moved inside of me. Normally, I've been feeling little kicks and stretching on my belly; but this time I felt a little body as it moved. It was such an amazing feeling. I called my mom as I didn't want to wake Adam up since he had worked over night. It was so cool. I have a feeling this is just the beginning.
Friends from Bloomington came up today. Michelle and Jen arrived around 1330. We had a nice visit. It was so good to see them. We didn't do anything--just sat around and talked until they had to hit the road for a long drive home. What great friends I have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment